2010년 12월 6일 월요일

Top Girls

         In the play “Top Girls” written by Caryl Churchill, I find very confusing, but most interesting in Act one.  The style of the play is very annoying to readers like me who have to translate English into their own language to understand the story.  As I finish reading a line, then the person who speaks in the next line talks about different things.  There are many kinds of these situations that made me very confuse to follow and understand the story.  If lines are short, they are not a problem.  However, when there are lines that are long and not related each other, I had to read at least twice to see what they are saying because I forget what I translated in the previous line.  Although the style of the writing is very complex, I find the most interesting in Act one among the play.  Everyone in Act one has serious and interesting past and especially, Pope Joan who had disguised as a man to study and later become a pope is the most interesting character.  It seems like she made a very huge success in the time when there is feminism.  I wondered how she could not have been caught even though she dresses like a man and how could she become a pope without any doubts.  Although the character Joan sounds unrealistic, I enjoyed her story very much. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기